The specimen processing and banking laboratories have extensive RNA/DNA extraction experience for dozens of tissue types and species. Extraction can be performed in standard or high throughput formats. Whole Genome Amplification is also available. Secure specimen banking facilities are available.
-Whole Genome Amp.
We offer genetic and genomic analyses for a variety of applications. Sequencing is available in standard and high throughput formats. The choice of Taqman, Affymetrix or Illumina based SNP assay platforms is based on project goals and throughput needs.
Our MicroArray and Taqman Real Time PCR offerings allow investigators to obtain gene expression data from a flexible array of formats. Full service is available for all offerings including Affymetrix and Illumina gene expression Array products.
| -Microarray Analysis
|Additional Health Sciences Resource Facilities on Campus
Biomedical Mass Spectrometry Center (BioMS)
Health Sciences Tissue Bank (HSTB)
Peptide and Peptoid Synthesis Core (Peptide)
Small Molecule Biomarker Core (SMBC)
*Acknowledging the Genomics Research Core
All work performed in the Genomics Research Core should be acknowledged in publications and presentations.
The [name relevant portion of data] work for this publication/presentation was performed in the Genomics Research Core at the University of Pittsburgh.
It is particularly important to mention work done in the Genomics Research Core if you are making a presentation to your University of Pittsburgh colleagues.
NanoString Announce nCounter® XT CodeSets Effective August 2015
- NanoString nCounter® XT CodeSets and reagents reduce average background counts.
- Beginning August 2015 nCounter XT CodeSets should be used with all new projects.
- Ongoing projects will be able to use legacy products until March 2016.
- Legacy products will be withdrawn after March 2016.
Illumina Mouse Gene Expression BeadArrays have been discontinued.
Illumina is no longer accepting orders for the MouseWG-6 v2.0 BeadChip and the MouseRef-8 BeadChip.
The HumanHT-12 v4.0 Expression BeadChip is unaffected.
The Genomics Research Core can perform mouse gene expression microarray studies using Affymetrix 3'IVT, gene, exon, or whole transcriptome arrays. Contact us to discuss your ongoing mouse expression experiments.
Ion AmpliSeq Transcriptome Human Gene Expression Kit
Gene level expression profiling of 95% of RefSeq genes (20,800 gene targets) with 10ng total RNA input. Single tube transcriptome amplification and FFPE compatible protocol that runs on the Ion Proton at the genomics core laboratory.
The Sequenom Mass Array at the Genomics Research Core can now run 384 and 96 sample projects (link)
Lower Capillary Sanger Sequencing Prices at the Genomics Research Core!
Digital PCR at the Genomics Research Core
For a limited time a demonstration instrument will be at the Genomics Research Core.
Further details: click here
- measure low abundance transcripts
- detect rare somatic or mosaic mutations
- screen for circulating tumor DNA
- detect fetal DNA in maternal blood
- determine pathogen load
- measure copy number variation
- gene editing
- water testing
Contact: Janette Lamb, Ph.D.
Phone: 412 383-3146
Contact: Debby Hollingshead, MS.
Phone: 412 648-1284
llumina GoldenGate is being phased out
Contact us for advice with transitioning GoldenGate projects: 412-648-9440
- 3,072-plex projects use the Infinium iSelect product
- the Genomics Research Core can accommodate smaller projects on the Sequenom MassArray
- to support ongoing projects 96-plex, 384-plex, 768-plex, and 1,536-plex GoldenGate assays will be available from Illumina through 2015
- Mouse LD and MD Linkage Panels are no longer available
- the Genomics Research Core can transition your mouse projects to other platforms
- Estradiol Analysis by Liquid Chromatography/Tandem Mass Spectrometry (UPLC-MS/MS)
from Small Molecule Biomarker Core (SMBC)
Please see link for more information
Pre-validated Sequenom Cancer and Methylation Panel processing is available through the Genomics Research Core
Please see link for more information
miRNA realtime PCR evaluation
miRNA extraction evaluation